|TIPO DE BECA||CODIGO||PAIS||LUGAR||ACTIVIDAD||INICIA||TERMINA|
||LMTV 07||INDONESIA||Pekalongan City, Central Java, Indonesia.||EDU, SOCI||01/09/2020||31/12/2020|
Min. Duration 2 months
PROJECT: To share creative learning methods in university and encourage students to speakkenglish.
BACKGROUND: Muhammadiyah Pekalongan Pekajangan University (UMPP) is islamic college located in Pekalongan. The college has four degree programs e.i. Bachelor Degree in Accounting, 3-year Diploma in Accounting, Bachelor Degree in Management, and Bachelor Degree in Sharia Economics.
The institution considers that international language is very important which must be taught to the students, as the supporting skill to the students when they graduate and prepare to welcome ASEAN Economic Community 2015.
1. To promote IVS and global education.
2. To Give important soft skill to the students before they graduate from the college
3. To improve the students’ competences and ability in four skills of English, especially in speaking and listening.
1. Assist English Classes with alternative subjects: Speaking, Cross Cultural Understanding, Subtitling, etc. The classes will be followed by students of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in university mainly conversation classes;
2. Create and manage the Economics English Club (EEC) out of classes by inviting students. The purposes of this activity are: (1) to spread the IVS (International Voluntary Service) spirit among the college students (2) to have more relaxed and informal English conversation activities with interested students.
3. To mingle with locals in order to learn local culture and spread peace through living together in harmony and tolerance in diversity.
25 t0 40 hours/week; specifically every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Particularly during 07.00 – 14.00 WIB (Western Indonesian Time). Sometimes, the volunteer is needed to support the school events during the national days.
ACCOMODATION: Volunteer will stay in the boarding house (shared / private room, conditional).
STUDY THEME: Non formal learning method.
· Man / Woman
· 18 – 35 years
· Highly motivated and enthusiastic
· Have experience in teaching through creative ways (preferable)
· Eager to learn Bahasa Indonesia and Javanese language
LOCATION & LEISURE: Pekalongan City, Central Java, Indonesia. Batik City rich of culture. https://goo.gl/maps/iqHr8DZL86G2.
MEETING POINT: Pekalongan Train Station at arrival hall , Central Java, Indonesia, at starting date, at 12.00 midday, Contact Area Manager Pekalongan (Mr) M.Baihaqi at +62 81578794443; Contact GREAT Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LANGUAGE: English with other volunteers. Bahasa Indonesia and Javanese language with locals.
FEE: (0) Zero (no participation fee)
NEAREST TERMINAL: Ahmad Yani International Airport Semarang, IATA Code SRG
1. Weather can be up to 40 degree in dry season.volunteer needs to be aware of different seasons with her/his home country.
2. STIE Pekalongan is islamic college. Volunteer is required to wear clothes that cover shoulder and knee.
3. Meals and accommodation will be provided by institution.
Esta beca tiene una cuota adicional, que deberás pagar antes de participar en el proyecto.
Esta beca cuenta con financiamiento para boleto de avión (VIVE FINANCE NO APLICA para beneficiarios de Programa Manos por el Mundo)
Adquiere tu seguro de viajero, VIVE ASSIST te ofrece tarifas preferenciales para adquirir tu seguro de viajero, asistencia de viaje 24/7, médica, personal y legal. Así mismo este programa te apoya a resolver todas las dudas sobre tus traslados al lugar donde fuiste aceptado, te dan orientación sobre vuelos, trenes y todo lo que necesites saber sobre tu viaje.