|TIPO DE BECA||CODIGO||PAIS||LUGAR||ACTIVIDAD||INICIA||TERMINA|
||LMTV 01||INDONESIA||Pekalongan City, Central Java, Indonesia||ENVI, EDU||01/09/2020||31/12/2020|
Min. Duration 2 months
PROJECT: Planting Mangrove and learn other aspects of Mangrove: social, economic, nature. Since 2018, this project has been dedicated to support the IVS Carbon Offset to Stop Climate Change campaign coordinated by
BACKGROUND: Mangrove for Java is a project targeting endangers villages or area located in coastal cities and regencies in Java Island. This project is a sustainable project organized by GREAT in cooperation with local fisher and farmer communities since 2015 to answering the needs of preserving the coastal side of Java Island. Java coastal area is one of the directed affected by global climate change among many of islands in the world. The project is preserving natural diversity and sea shore from the erosion because of significantly mangrove cutting in the 70’s-80s along with strong waves from the ocean.
AIMS: To support the local initiatives of local fisher and farmer communities in protecting the sea shore by planting and seedling mangroves.
1. Planting Mangrove at coastal/green belt in muddy habitat with local community and others
2. Organizing and Promoting environment educational (especially Mangrove issue) activity with local schools and university
3. Creating English learning activities with local community or kids
4. Supporting local home industries on promoting local products
5. Planning and organizing campaign about environmental Issue through direct campaigns or social media
6. Organizing workcamp for mangrove planting and education
7. Raising awareness among community, contribution and join Workcamp in Mangrove for Java.
ACCOMODATION & MEAL ARRANGEMENT: House of local people. Volunteers will share together sleeping space separately between females and males. No bed. Need sleeping bag. Sharing bathroom. Self cooking by the volunteers.
STUDY THEME: Mangrove and its ecosystem from Pekalongan Mangrove Information Center
REQUIREMENT: Strong motivation and interest in environment conservation especially tropical - coastal area and able to work alone
LOCATION & LEISURE: Pekalongan City, Central Java, Indonesia. Batik City rich of culture. https://goo.gl/maps/iqHr8DZL86G2
MEETING POINT: Pekalongan Train Station at arrival hall , Central Java, Indonesia, at starting date, at 12.00 midday, Contact Area Manager Pekalongan (Mr) M.Baihaqi at +62 81578794443; Contact GREAT Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
LANGUAGE: English with other volunteers. Bahasa Indonesia with locals.
IDR 4.000.000for first month for volunteers from country with GDP > 10.000 &
IDR 3.700.000per month for the next months.
IDR 3.200.000for first month for volunteers from country with GDP < 10.000 &
IDR 2.800.000 per month for the next months.
- Ahmad Yani International Airport Semarang, IATA Code SRG. ( 30 minutes from Semarang Poncol Train Station).
- SoekarnoHatta International Airport Jakarta, IATA Code CGK (4 hours from Jakarta Gambir or Jakarta Pasar Senen Train Station)
REMARKS: Weather can be up to 40 degree Celsius with 80% humidity. Less hygiene condition of slum coastal area. Bring some ideas for environment education (especially about mangrove and how to take care of it) and Olympic games for environment education for small children aged from 6-12 and teenagers.
Esta beca tiene una cuota adicional, que deberás pagar antes de participar en el proyecto.
Esta beca cuenta con financiamiento para boleto de avión (VIVE FINANCE NO APLICA para beneficiarios de Programa Manos por el Mundo)
Adquiere tu seguro de viajero, VIVE ASSIST te ofrece tarifas preferenciales para adquirir tu seguro de viajero, asistencia de viaje 24/7, médica, personal y legal. Así mismo este programa te apoya a resolver todas las dudas sobre tus traslados al lugar donde fuiste aceptado, te dan orientación sobre vuelos, trenes y todo lo que necesites saber sobre tu viaje.