|TIPO DE BECA||CODIGO||PAIS||LUGAR||ACTIVIDAD||INICIA||TERMINA|
|STV 04||INDONESIA||Pekalongan City,||KIDS, EDU, SOCI||21/09/2020||04/10/2020|
21.09 - 04.10
Minimum 15 participants
PROJECT: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf8dpSj9j-I Volunteering with kids living in slum area in Pekalongan City.
BACKGROUND: Pekalongan is 100 km from Semarang. It is about two hours by bus or one and half hour by train to the west. This project site consists of 2 different project areas with 2 different characters.
-Pasir Sari is slum area next to Pekalongan train station.The children in Pasirsari are interested in educational activities after school. Thereare approximately 10 until 50 children and the amount is changing at any time. The age of the children starts from 5 – 18 years old. Volunteering activity will be in public learning center in Pasirsari.
- Bugisan is a slum area on the Pekalonganriver bank.There are around 10 children joining the activities daily. They are cute and they are shy when they meet new people. The children love to have games or other fun learning methods prepared by volunteers and they like to do activities near the street.Volunteers can use public learning spot or outdoor activities.
AIMS: To inspire and motivate the children to be more confident and active and dare to have dream.
1. Organizing interesting-creative activities to motivate the children to keep continue their study or go back to school;
2. Organizing various skill development activities, such as ( Painting, drawing,etc);
3. Giving additional lesson to support children education, such as ( English lesson,etc)
4. Raising awareness of children’s personal hygiene like washing hand, brushing teeth, etc.
Note: 25 to 40 hours/week. Sometimes the volunteers are needed to support GREAT to do other voluntary action during the weekends.
ACCOMODATION & MEAL ARRANGEMENT: Pekalongan volunteer house. Volunteers will stay in a shared house with other volunteers. Fridge is available. Volunteer must take care of their own meals and cover personal expenses. Wifi, Gas for cooking and water gallon is covered by donation from international volunteers and local volunteers (not covered by participation fee).
STUDY THEME: The local culture of Pekalongan and Batik as the Pekalongan uniqueness.
REQUIREMENT: Strong motivation and interest in non formal learning methods for kids
LOCATION & LEISURE: Pekalongan City, Central Java, Indonesia. Batik City rich of culture.
MEETING POINT: Pekalongan Train Station at arrival hall , Central Java, Indonesia, on volunteer’s arrival date, at 12.00 midday, Contact Area Manager Pekalongan (Mr) M.Baihaqi at +62 87899633197; Contact GREAT Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
LANGUAGE: English with other volunteers. Bahasa Indonesia and Javanese language with locals.
IDR 3.800.000 for volunteers from country with GDP > 10.000
IDR 1.800.000for volunteers from country with GDP < 10.000
- Ahmad Yani International Airport Semarang, IATA Code SRG. ( 30 minutes from Semarang Poncol Train Station).
- SoekarnoHatta International Airport Jakarta, IATA Code CGK (4 hours from Jakarta Gambir or Jakarta Pasar Senen Train Station)
REMARKS: Weather can be up to 40 degree Celsius with 80% humidity. Less hygiene condition.
Esta beca tiene una cuota adicional, que deberás pagar antes de participar en el proyecto.
Esta beca cuenta con financiamiento para boleto de avión (VIVE FINANCE NO APLICA para beneficiarios de Programa Manos por el Mundo)
Adquiere tu seguro de viajero, VIVE ASSIST te ofrece tarifas preferenciales para adquirir tu seguro de viajero, asistencia de viaje 24/7, médica, personal y legal. Así mismo este programa te apoya a resolver todas las dudas sobre tus traslados al lugar donde fuiste aceptado, te dan orientación sobre vuelos, trenes y todo lo que necesites saber sobre tu viaje.