|TIPO DE BECA||CODIGO||PAIS||LUGAR||ACTIVIDAD||INICIA||TERMINA|
KHMER SMILE SCHOOL Education, Culture, and Development
Since 2013, CYA-Khmer Smile School was started to provide English course to local children and teenagers. By seeing the needs of the poor in the village, House Building project also started to build the house for the poor family, and donating some foods for hungry people in this rural community. We believe that through working together, we can make this community a better place and help our children to create their better future. Khmer Smile School aims to provide free access to informal education for the local youth, teenagers, and children in Spean Chreav community, Siem Reap province where their parents generate income to support families by being a tuk tuk driver, moto taxi, farmers, and fishermen as many of them are uneducated. In 2017, we plan to re - constructing our school building according to the needs of the students, establishing handicraft center, set up new library and computer center. CYA continues working to support poor families to fix their houses and build toilets. One special activity during the project is “Cambodian Real Life Experiencing.” We provide International volunteers chance to experience the living with local families and this year we also work with local community school which is 5mn walk from CYA-Khmer Smile school to help them improve school facility and education part.
Food and Accommodation: The volunteers are going to stay with the local hosting family, where you have access to basic living condition, but at least you are provided with sleeping mattresses, blanket, mosquito nets, pillows. There is no shower available but you can actually try the bath with the local style. The location of the house is very close to the project site, which is easy for you for the daily commute for the activities. The food is also cooked by the hosting family. In the kitchen, you are welcomed to help with the cooking and going shopping with the mother of the family in the morning for the spices, meat, and vegetable every morning because they are all fresh and there are plenty of organic products you can find.
Aims of the Workcamp:
• To engage with the local children and teenagers in daily work using English language and interaction with international and national volunteers
• To exchange and learn about Cambodian culture between international, national volunteers and local people.
• To explore unique experience of being able to explore the life features that has not commonly seen by all.
• To promote global education among Cambodian young students who participate in Khmer Smile School
• Meeting people and children for socializing with the local residence on purpose multi-
• cultural learning and sharing.
• Visiting local village in purpose of seeing the real situation of living standard of the family in the village.
• To teach English to the children in Spean Chriev Community who come for English lesson at Khmer Smile School
• Organize a cultural sharing with the students
• Experiencing in “Community Real Life Experience” which purposefully create to reduce your stereotypes about Cambodian people, at the meantime, involve you in deep cultural learning and awareness.Extra fee: USD 220.00
Extra fee: USD 220.00
• Food for 3 meals a day @ the campsite provided by the hosting family, but you are going to help for the cleaning and washing
• Accommodation @ the campsite in the volunteer house
• Camp’s materials
• Local transportation within the project period
• CYA administration charge
• Construction Cost (if any)
• Volunteers are requested to bear their own health and travel insurance.
• Please be aware that all personal expenses on free-day expenses are excluded.
• Public transportation on the arrival day, transportation to the project site.
• Ingredients for the international dinner
Esta beca tiene una cuota adicional, que deberás pagar antes de participar en el proyecto.
Esta beca cuenta con financiamiento para boleto de avión (VIVE FINANCE NO APLICA para beneficiarios de Programa Manos por el Mundo)
Adquiere tu seguro de viajero, VIVE ASSIST te ofrece tarifas preferenciales para adquirir tu seguro de viajero, asistencia de viaje 24/7, médica, personal y legal. Así mismo este programa te apoya a resolver todas las dudas sobre tus traslados al lugar donde fuiste aceptado, te dan orientación sobre vuelos, trenes y todo lo que necesites saber sobre tu viaje.